Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back again!

It's been a while since I've been able to get some real time into posting here. I don't feel like debriefing you on why I've been gone or what's gone on in the past while... so I'll just explain my day today!

First period (English), not much happened, but we started watching Pinocchio in second period (Italian). That movie is so freaking ridiculous. The one with Roberto Benigni, not the cartoon. It's so far-fetched and makes very little sense, but I guess that just kinda makes it funnier!
Third period (band) was pretty hilarious. He handed out a piece we've never seen before called "Chanteys". Everyone was immediately opposed. It was fast-paced, confusing, and generally difficult. At first trombone players whined about their parts, but then they caught a glimpse of what we, the flutists, were playing, and they were shocked by how difficult it looked. It was insane. We'd never played anything that hard. After messing it up completely in the sightread, he just let us keep practicing "The Incredibles" for the rest of the period.
During lunch, Rose was able to come by. She had graduated, so she wasn't there anymore most of the time, but she decided to hang out just for the lunch period. It was, in fact, a fabulous time with much fun.
I had a math test fourth period, but I think I did pretty well. In gym, we went outside and played "frisbee golf"... Basically, throwing a frisbee into hula-hoops. That was fun, but the other students were pretty annoying about it, and it was poorly organized, just like everything else our gym teacher assigns.
Sixth period (biology) we dissected earthworms. I wound up doing most (read: all) of the cutting, while Alice pinned the skin to the wax tablet and Samantha drew diagrams. We had a good time, but the smell was absolutely horrible. It smelled kind of like pickles... but in a bad way. Why yes, that explanation DOES suck, thank you for asking.
Judah's coming back tomorrow! I know that means nothing to you guys, but basically, he's one of my mom's boyfriends and he's awesome. I am very excited to see him.

So that's about it! See you guys in about a week! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment